Friday, March 04, 2011

BEST OR WORST DRESSED?

OSCARS 2011
Here is MY version of 'Fashion Police' for the red carpet...


 Halle Berry is wearing Marchesa. Okay when doesn't she look absolutely stunning? Nude, crystal encrusted corset, complete with silk tulle ruffles = in love! Personally I would've added more jewelry on the arms... 
Verdict: She looked aaahhhh-mazing



Hilary Swank, just have to make it known that I adore her huge! Sooooooo I was surprised to find out that this was a piece from Gucci... Makes me want, NO need to see more couture... Great choice with the Roger Vivier clutch... I feel like she should've worn visible earrings, big studs? Maybe some big rings? I would've also like to have seen more of her bun... Maybe on the a low side bun or at the top of her head?
Verdict: Hilary you looked like a winner, I'm not mad! ;;)

Gwyneth Paltrow, there was a lot to debate about with this piece.... I love how it looks like liquid metal, the way it hugs the body, and cut down the middle... BUT I don't feel like this was the dress for her. I would've LOVED to see this on someone like Rhianna or Beyonce... Someone with more curves would have taken this dress to another level. Paltrow should've pulled her hair back and maybe had some kind of jewelry on her wrist. This dress looks gold when photographed but was actually sliver - when I heard that I kind of wished that it was gold... This piece is by Calvin Klein.
Verdict: Calvin if you took part in supplying her with this dress... I'd advise you to stick to designing!

Jennifer Lawrence, this bright red number is another Calvin Klein... Klein is known for great fitting garments. Her body looks amazing! From her hair to her Judith Leiber clutch, I adore this look! Note to her or her stylist, MORE jewelry - personally I would've done a lot of diamond bangles.
Verdict: 20 and beyond FAB - get 'em girlllll!  

Natalie Portman was wearing one of my FAV designers, Rodarte. Violet, v-neck, off the shoulder, Swarovski crystal detailed gown... 
Verdict: absolutely beautifullllllll

 Anne Hathaway.......... Who the hell dressed her? I adore Anne HUGE but this dress, I'll stop myself before I go on cussing her stylist. I do not like the little curls in her face, should've all been pulled back. Not a fan of a bold red dress with red lips. Now about this dress... Valentino I'm in denial, I'm just curious what you were thinking when you were draping or going through the patterns for this garment, MUST have been drunk! The sides of this dressed made me feel like you threw up an 80's prom dress! 
Verdict: Valentino I'm extremely disappointed!!

Mila Kunis, looked perfect! This lavender lace dress was a great choice for her. I love the waist line, the length, and the lace was perfectly placed threw out this piece. This dress is by another FAV designer of mine, Elie Saab.
Verdict: love, love, LOVE!!! 

I was thinking of picking a winner but I can't! Between Mila, Hilary, Halle or Natalie... These ladies all looked beautiful - Koodoos to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment